Food in Clinton MS

Apply Now                              Schedule a Visit                         Request Information

Before you choose a college, or even if you have picked one already, looking at the off-campus eating options can be really helpful. If you're not local, it's difficult to know what kind of restaurants are out there. Obviously, food should not be your deciding factor in selecting a college, but good restaurants are a plus. So, here's a list of Clinton, Mississippi's hottest eats for MC students:

The Bank by Pizza Shack

photo-1511516457495-002cdd242a2e.jpeg

The Bank by Pizza Shack is a new restaurant in the brick streets of Clinton. They have fantastic pizza, wings, and sandwiches. The food is great, but the atmosphere is what makes this  pizza joint special. It's a very compact restaurant with a unique rustic look. I personally haven't been there yet, but I have heard nothing but good reviews. Though, it's apparently a bit pricy. This might be a good date night or special occasion restaurant. 

I recommend: The wings. I haven't had them myself, but everyone who has loves them.

El Sombrero 

Located right off Highway 80 and less than a mile from campus, El Sombrero is a Mexican restaurant that many students flock to. They have all the Mexican food essentials: tacos, burritos, enchiladas, and fajitas to name a few. El Sombrero is a quick bite, yet still has quality food. And don't forget about endless chips and salsa!

I recommend: The chimichangas con queso.

Cook Out 

photo-1495753379358-73c76ccd644b.jpeg

Cookout hasn't opened its doors in Clinton yet, but it is going to be open within the next few months. This fast food grill has almost everything: burgers, hotdogs, quesadillas, chicken wraps, bacon wraps, onion rings, etc. And I didn't even list the milkshake options. Not only is Cook Out affordable to college students, you also get a lot of food because of the large sides that come with the combo meal. 

I recommend: Any kind of burger. But, if you want a shake, I love the Cheerwine float.

O.E.C. Japanese Express

This Japanese restaurant is located on Clinton Parkway, less than a mile from campus. O.E.C. serves sushi, fried rice, and noodles. Many students pick it up to-go, but O.E.C. does have a dining area. Also, the restaurant offers a 10% discount to MC students and faculty, making an already affordable meal cheaper! 

I recommend: Keep it simple with a large serving of the chicken fried rice, an pour some pink sauce on it if you're feeling bold.

Fuzzy's Taco Shop

eb83990e-3434-4d43-bc58-41ec8af9969c.jpg

Im excited about this one. So, Fuzzy's Tacos also hasn't opened yet in Clinton, but it's been built across the street from O.E.C. I have a Fuzzy's in my hometown, and I have been a frequent customer there for years. They have amazing tacos, burritos and quesadillas, all made with their special sauce. Chips and queso are a must, and don't forget to add the Fuzzy Dust on your chips! Overall, a great establishment with top-notch tacos.

I recommend: Everything! But if I have to be specific, three shredded chicken tacos with chips and queso on the side.

Other Restaurants

The restaurants above are ones that I thought were unique to Clinton, but there is also many good chain restaurants, like Chick-fil-A, Newks, McAlisters, Domino's Pizza, Zaxby's, Sonic, and much more.

Plenty of solid food options exist in Clinton, and most are affordable to a college budget. Again, these restaurants shouldn't make or break your decision to come to Mississippi College. But it is good to know what good options you have out there.

I'll leave you with a quote from S. Truett Cathy, founder of Chick-fil-A: “Food is essential to life, therefore make it good.”

Evan,                                                                                                                               I Don't know about y'all, but this blog just made me really hungry.