Meet Your Admissions Counselor

No matter where you are in your college search, MC has a key ingredient that changes a lot of minds: the admissions counselors.  They are available on campus, on the phone, and they travel to your area to make you feel welcomed at MC,. They even know the students in their areas by name. 

In my experience, the admissions counselors that recruited the Memphis area in high school were the most informative yet personal people I talked to of all the other colleges, and it made for a difficult decision when I had many larger public institutions on my mind.  I wouldn't say they were the only reason I chose MC, but they represented the kind of leadership and people with whom I wish to encompass myself, which was a major factor.

Below is a brief introduction to the two new admissions counselors and an overview of the returning counselors who are all excited for the opportunities to meet and chat with prospective students.

AC Blog 3.jpg

Dylan Crouch // NW MS, TN, FL, Pacific Coast
Hey everybody my name is Dylan Crouch! I am blessed and honored to be recruiting the areas of NW Mississippi (my homeland), Tennessee and Florida!

Dylan graduated from MC with the class of 2017, majoring in kinesiology.  He is from Olive Branch, MS and at MC he was a Blue and Gold mentor, an active in Kokoa Men's Service Club, an Orientation Leader, and a Worship Collective member.  His favorite memory was being an Orientation Leader and having fellowship with other leaders as well as seeing some of the incoming freshmen experience MC for the first time.

Hannah Richards // East Central MS, North LA, GA, MT-TX
Hey! My name is Hannah Richards and I get the pleasure of recruiting all of Texas and North Louisiana as well as east central Mississippi! I have loved working with my student so far, and I can't wait to help you guys as the year goes on!

Hannah, from Blairsville, GA, is a graduate of MC in the 2016 class.  At MC she was a political science major, a Scout, a contributor for the Collegian, and a Campus Activities Board member.  Of all her memories of 2 a.m. Waffle House runs to Swerve and Choctaw Cheer-off, she most appreciated the feeling of "home" that MC gave her.

Cameron Treadwell // SW MS, South LA, Northeast
Hey y'all! I am Cameron Treadwell and I am the admissions counselor for Southwest Mississippi, South and Central Louisiana, and, of course, Pisgah High School, right in MC's backyard!  Hope to see y'all on the road!

Cameron was a political science major from Brandon, MS at MC.  His involvement in the university was as an active in Civitan Men's Club, Orientation Leader, Mortar Board member, and Scout.  Cameron would advise you that while planning for the future is important, it shouldn't obstruct you from enjoying the present moment.

AC Blog 2.jpg

Andrew Fehrenbacher // SE MS, NE MS, MN-AR
Hey I'm Andrew Fehrenbacher and I recruit Northeast MS, the Hattiesburg area, and Jackson metro homeschoolers! I can't wait to get to work with you and help you join the Choctaw family!

Graduating in 2015, Andrew, a Brandon, MS native, studied communications here at MC.  He was heavily involved in men's basketball, Scouts, FCA, and MC Singers.  His favorite memory includes his ability to perform in Les Miserables his junior year.

Kaitlin McCarty // West Central MS (Delta), North/Central AL, WV-SC
If you live in Montgomery and north in the state of Alabama, live in the Mississippi Delta, or attend Northwest Rankin High School, then I'm your girl! I'm so excited to get to be your Admissions Counselor and walk you through this college search journey step by step! I can't wait to get to know you, hang out,  eat ice cream, or drink coffee when I come visit your area!

Another 2016 graduate from Brandon, MS is Kaitlin.  She studied communications at MC, and was involved in Swannanoa Social Tribe, Campus Activities Board, Welcome Week Crew, Scouts, and The Council.  Her favorite place at MC is the Caf, since it gave her many opportunities to socialize and experience the community at MC.

Tori Langworthy // MS Gulf Coast, South AL, MI-KY
Not to be biased but I'm pretty sure my students are the coolest around. I have the pleasure of recruiting the Coast of MS, the Coast of AL, and Jackson Public schools. I love all you guys and I'm pumped to get to know you this year!

Tori was from here in Clinton and graduated in 2016 with a degree in communications.  She was an active of Laguna Social Tribe, a Council member, and worked with the athletic department.  Her favorite MC memory was a basketball game her senior year where the Choctaws prevailed over Delta State, and the coliseum was packed and roaring.

AC Blog 1.jpg

Michael Wright // Jackson Metro (Hinds, Rankin, Madison)
I couldn’t be more pumped to be the local Jackson-area recruiter and can’t wait to work with you this year! I’m here if you need anything!

Michael was a graduate of the 2006 class at MC in history.  He is from Ridgeland, MS, and was involved in the Student Alumni Association as well as MC Intramurals as a student.  His favorite MC tradition is homecoming, where he gets to see the whole MC community of past, present, and future all celebrating at tailgates and other festivities.

Angie Hardin // Transfers
Hey, I am Angie Hardin and I recruit all transfers right now! I am so excited to be your admissions counselor!

Angie is from the class of 2015 and held a degree in marketing.  She is from Pontotoc, MS, and a fun fact about her is that she'd love to be a drummer.  She loves seeing students on the quad relaxing and enjoying the beautiful parts of campus.

These admissions counselors will be a tremendous help to any high school student, no matter where you are in the college decision making process.  For more information on the counselor in your area, click here.

Tyler,
Special thanks to Ashley Berry and Anna Mortimer for the admissions counseling