Thanks, MC

I have found that it becomes easier and easier to forget how thankful we are for the things and people in our daily lives. Of course we're thankful for our friends and family, but we don't always say that actively. The same goes for Mississippi College. I spend the majority of the year here, and I'm definitely caught in the day to day grind of classes, work, and social events. But at the Choctawk, we want to take the time to say thank you to Mississippi College. I think I speak for all of us when I say that MC has changed our lives for the better. 

Mary

I came to MC with a plan. Over the past four years, this plan has morphed into a new life that Freshman Year Mary would have never expected. I'm thankful that MC gave me the opportunity to follow my passions and placed people in my life who have invested in me. I'm thankful for the sound of the fountains across campus and for the way the light hits the statues in the morning. I'm thankful for the sound of hymns ringing from the clock tower. Thanks, MC, for a wonderful (almost) four years. 

Ashton

My time at MC has been anything but easy, but it's been so so good. I've grown more emotionally, mentally, academically, and spiritually in the last four years than I had in the 18 I lived before I came. I'm thankful that MC is a setting where we can actively seek the Father and be given the space to grow. Through my friends, professors, and the counseling center, I've been able to learn and grow and heal. I'm proud of who I am today, which isn't something I could have said four years ago, and for that I am thankful.

10710478_10152747625056001_4475484409050557018_o.jpg

EMMA

My freshman year, my English comp professor told me that I should consider the Writing program. Other English professors also reached out to me, and the next semester I became a Writing major. Throughout my time in the Writing program, my professors have spent hours encouraging me, meeting with me at Cups, and pushing me to be a better writer. I'm thankful for the professors who saw my potential and helped me realize my passion for writing.

Nolie

As a senior, I've been feeling somewhat sentimental lately. I've been reflecting on my time at MC, and I realize how truly thankful I am for this institution. During my time here, I have grown into a person who would not exist if it weren't for Mississippi College. I am thankful for my wonderful and supportive friends, my profound and caring professors. I am thankful for the difficult lessons I've learned, the papers I've written, the tests I've freaked out over, the research I've spent hours conducting. These people and experiences are an integral part of MC to me, and I am thankful for them all.  

If you're thankful for MC, let us know why! Use #thanksMC on Twitter and Instagram this week, and let's celebrate the school we know and love. 

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

-The Choctawk