Move-in day looks different at Mississippi College than it does at other universities, and this is a good thing. Our current students will assist you in moving in by taking your belongings to your room. All that we ask is that you label your boxes with your room number and pull up to the curb. We'll do the rest!
- Don’t over pack – Don’t over load boxes making them too heavy to carry. You can avoid this common mistake by using smaller boxes. Smaller boxes are easier to manipulate when packing them into vehicles and much lighter for you and the move-in crew to carry.
- Be sure all your belongs are contained in boxes – Loose items are easily dropped or lost. Please make every effort to pack all your belongings inside boxes or containers. That includes hanging clothes, toiletries, shoes, etc.
- Label EVERY box and EVERY item – We will do our best to make sure your belongings make to your room but please make that process easy on our move-in crew by labeling every box and every item you are moving into your room with your name and your room number
- Keep it LIGHT – Most buildings do not have elevators and the ones that do often get highly congested, so please try to keep boxes light to make it easier to carry upstairs.
- Bring a handcart or dolly
- Be patient!
What to Bring (Basics):
- Bed linens, including mattress pad, pillows, pillow cases, XL twin-sized sheets, blankets – All beds are XL long twins
- Bathroom linens, including towels and washcloths
- Bins for toiletries
- Clothes hangers
- Laundry basket, detergent, and dryer sheets
- Surge protector
- Alarm clock
- Room decorations
What Not To Bring
- Halogen lamps or halogen bulbs of any kind
- Hotplate, skillet, toaster, toaster over, rice cooker, George Foreman grill, or similar cooking or high wattage appliances with exposed surfaces
- Pets – besides fish in a tank up to 10 gallons
- Air conditioner or space heater
- Alcohol and alcohol paraphernalia