What to Ask On Your College Visits

Apply Now                                        Schedule a Visit                               Request Information

Ah. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was visiting colleges, trying to decide where I would spend the next four years. I visited the five universities to which I applied, and ultimately, I decided that MC was the place for me. While college visits are helpful, they are even more helpful if you are prepared. I remember every time I was asked if I had any questions, my mind would blank. Thankfully, my mom was prepared and would pull out her "college clipboard" (not kidding) full of questions she had thought to ask. If you are planning on visiting campus anytime soon, here are some helpful questions. 

1. WHAT IS THE AVERAGE CLASS SIZE? 

2. HOW DO SCHOLARSHIPS STACK?

3. DO YOU ACCEPT IB/AP/CLEP CREDITS? 

4. WHAT DOES THE MEAL PLAN INCLUDE? 

5. WHAT SERVICES DOES THE UNIVERSITY PROVIDE (CAREER SERVICES, HEALTH SERVICES, COUNSELING, LAUNDRY, PRINT MONEY, ETC.) ? 

6. ARE THERE  WORK-STUDY/ ON-CAMPUS JOB OPPORTUNITIES? 

7. ARE THERE STUDY ABROAD OPPORTUNITIES? 

8. WHAT HAVE STUDENTS IN MY MAJOR GONE ON TO DO?

9. HOW SAFE IS THE CAMPUS?

ty8x6.jpg

10. HOW CAN STUDENTS GET INVOLVED ON CAMPUS?

11. WHAT IS RES-LIFE LIKE? 

12. WHAT FUN THINGS ARE THERE TO DO IN THE AREA?

13. WHAT MAKES THIS UNIVERSITY UNIQUE? 

14. WHAT BROUGHT YOU TO MC (OR ANY UNIVERSITY YOU VISIT) ? 

15. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE/LEAST FAVORITE PART OF MC?

Hopefully, these questions will help you feel better prepared for your college visits. During your MC visit, be sure to ask your Admissions Counselor these questions! They will be thrilled to answer them as well as any other questions you have! 

1438888536095.jpg