Stressful Times Call for Desperate Measures

Apply Now                                        Schedule a Visit                               Request Information

What is the most common thing college students struggle with? Based off of people I have talked to recently and my own personal experience, I would have to say stress. It is true that, while we have a million things to do, we are not superhuman. However, we do serve an all-powerful God. Here are some things to remember as we try to turn our stress into dependence on God. 

GOD CALLS US TO NOT BE ANXIOUS

God loves us more than we could ever imagine. He knows our nature and our tendencies. He knows that humans will try to know and control everything. That's why over and over again the Bible tells us that we should not be anxious, but we should turn to God. 

GOD HAS A PLAN FOR YOU

Sometimes it is hard to remember that even when your life seems to be going in circles, God has a plan and is a personal God. You just have to take it a little bit at a time. Time management has a huge role in this. We must be active in our lives and toward our ambitions, but know that when things don't go as we planned, God still has a plan for us. 

jeremiah 29 11.jpg

GOD CALLS US TO CALL ON HIM

There are several places in the Bible that say to call to God in times of distress. What does this look like for a college student? While it can be tempting to only call to God before our big test, this should be part of our daily routine, especially when we are stressed. I will admit that I tend to not take time out of my day to turn to God, but when I do, I feel so much better. 

“Many of those who once were so passionately in love with Christ now run about pursuing their own interests. They’re burdened down with stress and problems, chasing after riches and the things of this world.”
— David Wilkerson
matthew 6 33-34.jpg

GOD STRENGTHENS US WHEN WE ARE WEAK

We probably have all heard that when we are weak, God is strong. This is so true, but also God uses our weaknesses for the good of His glory. If we all were perfect and had no weaknesses, how could we ever relate to those who are struggling? Not only that, but He strengthens us through the trials that we face. 

FIND REST IN GOD

When words fail and so do you, find rest in God's love. This is a stressful time, and I am not saying that you should give up or that you will fail all of your classes. I am saying that there will be times when you fail: to be a good friend, to do what you set out to do, or to remember to do that really important thing. When all of these things add up and no one can comfort you, find rest in God. He gave you several amazing ways of communication with Him: prayer, the Bible, and the body of Christ.