Why you should SCOUT out MC!

Apply Now                                        Schedule a Visit                               Request Information

Greetings, Choctawk readers! Mary here. Some of you may know me from my blog about the Brick Streets, but around here, I'm known as an art major, Laguna active, Orientation Leader, and SCOUT!

Now, if you don't know what a Scout is, don't panic. You still have plenty of time to call or email our admission's staff to schedule a tour so that you can meet one of us! Scouts are the current students who write notecards to prospective students, give campus tours, work Preview Day and receptions, and LOVE MC!

Seriously, we love MC! And we love giving tours!

I remember my campus tour like it was yesterday, and it was a major part of my decision to come to MC. So here are five reasons why you should come and tour campus!

1. Meet Your Admissions Counselor

Meeting with my Admissions Counselor when I came to tour really helped clarify questions I had about housing, financial aid, and what else I needed to do before officially being at MC. Can't remember if you turned in your vaccination records? They know. Want to know what scholarships you're eligible for? They know.

Also, the Admissions Counselors treat our prospective students like royalty! You'll be offered soda, water, coffee, or tea, and if you're one of the lucky few, your admissions counselor may welcome you with a red carpet, depending on if there's any red construction paper available!

My visit to MC!

My visit to MC!

2. Meet a Current Student

As I said earlier, Scouts are the people who will give you a tour of campus! This is awesome because once you get here, you will have spent about an hour with a current student who is super pumped that you're finally HERE!! I can honestly say that I have loved every single campus tour I've given, and I know all the other Scouts feel the same way! We will be SO pumped if you come to visit!

Also, by getting a tour from a current student, you will probably meet a few other Choctaws as you walk around campus! Even if you don't remember their names, it's still reassuring to know that you have a few people here who already know your face.

3. Get the Inside Scoop

As a prospective student, I was always a little skeptical about what I heard from the people who worked at colleges. Of course they were going to say it's great! Hearing what a current student thought about MC put my mind at ease. I could ask my Scout the questions that I didn't want to ask my admissions counselor, like "What is the food in the Caf like?" (Don't be afraid to ask. Food is extremely important!)

This cat is my spirit animal.

This cat is my spirit animal.

4. See MC

Let's face it, if you're considering multiple colleges to become your future home, it can be confusing trying to pick one based off statistics and information on websites. By visiting campus, you'll see firsthand what it's like, what the people are like, and whether or not you can see it as your future home! On my visit, I was definitely in awe of how beautiful MC's campus is!

Seriously, MC is BEAUTIFUL.

Seriously, MC is BEAUTIFUL.

5. Acquire What All Students Covet-- A Free T-Shirt

Ah... T-shirts. A beautiful, yet expensive, part of every college student's life. For every event comes a t-shirt, and with every t-shirt comes a price. However, coming to visit will save you this grief! On your visit you will be given the prize of all prizes: a free Mississippi College t-shirt. (All the current students will be eyeing your new shirt with envy).

Why not visit? You'll have an awesome time, get a free shirt, and get to hang out with one of these awesome people!

Come tour. You won't regret it.

-Mary