Admissions Counselor Spotlight: Cameron Treadwell

Hello lovely people. Somehow the weekend has come and gone, and it's already Tuesday! 

But not to worry, I'm here to deliver another Admissions Counselor Spotlight! 

553019_10151837622021001_1235771193_n.jpg

This week, we're getting to know Cameron Treadwell! Cameron graduated from MC last spring and started working as an Admissions Counselor this summer. In his days at MC, he majored in Business and was the President of Civitan Men's Club. The Admissions office is so pumped that he came to work for them! 

Fun fact: Cameron was my Blue and Gold leader my freshman year. Twas great fun. 

This week Cameron is heading over to my neck of the woods in North Louisiana. He'll primarily be in the Shreveport/Bossier area visiting Caddo Parish Magnet, Captain Shreve, Bossier City Parish Schools College/Career Night, Riverdale Academy College Fair, Parklane Academy College Fair, and C.E. Byrd.

If you attend one of these schools, stop by and tell Cameron hi! MC was not even on my list of colleges until I met my Admissions Counselor at a College Fair, so you never know what could happen...

Well, I'm sure you're all wondering if Cameron got to participate in our infamous interview... And of course, he did! Check it out!

INTERVIEW TIME

What Disney Princess would you marry and why? 

I would definitely marry Ariel from the Little Mermaid. I love the beach and the ocean. We would, for obvious reasons, be close to the ocean and beach. There might come a time when I could be a Mer-Man and live "under the sea!" 

What animal would you be and why?

I would choose a Lion. Lion King was my favorite movie as a little kid. Fierce, strong, brave. Can't get many animal traits better than that!   

What are your go to road trip snacks? 

First and foremost: SUNFLOWER SEEDS! Then, of course, a couple of Vitamin Waters and ANY kind of chips. Every now and then I have to get a Reese's...or two. 

What are your go to road trip jams?

I am a big Avett Brothers fan, so I listen to them a lot. I also like to jam to Country music, specifically Brad Paisley. If I am not listening to that, I listen to ESPN radio.  

Books that changed your life? 

I would have to say Wild at Heart by John Eldredge. If you are interested in being a man who runs after the Lord, this book shows you what that looks like! 

What were your high school involvements? 

I was very involved in Student Government, and was SGA President my senior year. I also did various other clubs on campus. I was a part of a church choir that did contemporary worship music as well as Christian hip-hop songs and dancing. 

What is your most memorable MC moment? 

WINNING FOLLIES my freshman year as a pledge of Civitan Men's Club! Also, getting to serve as the Student Director for Orientation, building relationships not only with the orientation leaders but with incoming students. 

How did you find MC as a student? 

I found MC around March of my senior year of high school. Even though I never considered MC, I was encouraged by my parents and a couple of friends who went to MC to come for a visit. I met with Michael Wright, and met many other counselors and current students. It ended up being one of the best college visits I had ever been on. With the encouragement of  Michael, my Admissions Counselor Elizabeth Wallace Moore, family and friends, and assurance from God, I chose MC! 

Pro-Tips for high school students? 

First, make the most of your senior year. Each year of your life feels like it goes by faster, and you only get to live each moment once. So, enjoy this year and take advantage of every opportunity that God places in front of you! 

Second, try to visit each school that you are considering. You may have that top school that you want to attend in mind; I KNOW I DID! But when you visit schools, you will know the moment you step on campus whether the school is for you. You may be surprised if where you originally thought you would attend moves down on the list of your top schools. Of course, make sure MC is on that list of schools to visit (haha). 

Third and finally, rely on the Lord to direct your paths this year because He is going to lead you to where you are supposed to be. 

Favorite Choctawk post? 

College Visits or Nah? by none other than Andrew Wilson. 

Well, that's all for now folks!! These continue to be way too much fun than necessary. Tune in next Tuesday! Later. 

Apply Now                                        Schedule a Visit                               Request Information

- Elizabeth "keeper of the spotlight" Moore