The Importance of Being Organized

This year I got a calendar. It revolutionized my life. It all started somewhere on Highway 14 in between Macon and Louisville, MS.

louisville

I got pulled over for speeding and ended up with my first traffic ticket. It instantly incited behavior change.

I decided it was time to start off on the right foot. I made it back to Brandon, got a haircut before the sun set,  bought some white socks and khaki shorts, and willed myself to start living a more responsible lifestyle. Part of that was buying a day planner. My mom almost passed out in shock.

Now don't get me wrong, I was a pretty responsible student before, but this year I decided to step it up. On the first few days of classes, the professors talk about this mysterious document called a Syllabus. This year, I actually looked at the syllabus and discovered that most teachers included the test dates for the entire semester. Guess what happened next? I wrote them all in my calendar. I know that I have a Biology test on December 13th. Who knew it was possible to know that already?

Rome wasn't built in a day, though. I still miss class sometimes. The other day, I locked myself out of my room (and phone and book bag) and ended up taking a nap in my neighbors room instead of going to Lit. Class. Soon after that, I became separated from my calendar and was clueless as to what I was supposed to do later that evening.

So, it's still a work in progress. I'm reminded of Paul's words as he describes a matter much more serious than scheduling my weeks at school:

called me heavenward

Philippians 3:12-14

Obviously, the Gospel is of tantamount importance, but I think it is important to glorify God where I am. So for now, I'll try to be good student for His glory.

Andrew, Sophomore Blogger, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fan, Dreamer